The information we collect
We receive information you authorised to Etsy in order to allow us to process your order this includes your name, address and Etsy user name. You may also choose to share information such as size requirements for your order and other custom details such as a gift note via order notes at checkout or messages to us via Etsy.
We use this information only to fulfil your order and contact you about your order such as checking size or colour requirements etc. After your order is completed, shipped and received we will only ever contact you via these details in the event of a product recall. If you have exercised your ‘Right to be forgotten’ you will not receive any contact from us.
Why We Need your Information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as:
1) providing and improving our services.An example of this would be us using our order history to determine the popularity of a colour of item We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on the Privacy system utilised by the third-party.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we am required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to
(i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and
(ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Drew Kenaz, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com
Alternately, you may mail me at: Drew Kenaz, 8 Colley Lane, Halesowen, West Midlands B63 2TL
Header Photography Credit: TwistedPix
Header Model Credit: Luna Mae
Scarlet in Chains® and Logo are registered trademarks